Press "Enter" to skip to content

Ford to Stop Making Cars in India, Take $2 Billion Hit

Amnon Free Press/Central Press Syndicate, USA. Read, Enjoy and Share the Latest US News Updates.

NEW DELHI—Ford Motor Co. will stop making cars in India and take a hit of about $2 billion because it does not see a path to profitability in the country, becoming the latest automaker to leave the major growth market dominated by Asian rivals. The U.S. carmaker entered India 25 years ago but still has less than 2 percent of the passenger vehicle market having struggled for years to win over Indian consumers and turn a profit. Ford said in a statement on Thursday that it had accumulated operating losses of more than $2 billion in 10 years in India and demand for its new vehicles had been weak. “Despite (our) efforts, we have not been able to find a sustainable path forward to long-term profitability,” Ford India head Anurag Mehrotra said in the statement. Ford’s decision to cut its losses in India came after leaving Brazil earlier this year. …

To continue reading this news article, follow the link to the news website.

For any inquiries, contact Amnon Free Press (Amnon Jobi Jakony) by writing to editor [at] amnonfreepress.com. Discover a world of hyper-local news below.

Other News:   Exclusive: Ryanair Ready for Long Wait for Boeing to Cut MAX Price, Says O’Leary

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *