Press "Enter" to skip to content

Soccer-Man City defender Mendy remanded in custody until trial in January

Amnon Free Press/Central Press Syndicate, USA. Read, Enjoy and Share the Latest US News Updates.

September 10, 2021

(Reuters) – Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy will stand trial on rape and sexual assault charges on Jan. 24 after the Chester Crown Court set a trial date on Friday, British media reported.

The 27-year-old, who was denied bail last week after he was charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault, has been remanded in custody.

Other News:   9/11 20 Years Later: Looking Back On What’s Believed To Be The Largest Sea Rescue In U.S. History

The BBC reported that Eleanor Laws, who is defending Mendy, said there would be an application to dismiss the charges at a hearing on Nov. 15. A co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie, 40, has also been accused of four counts of rape.

The charges against Mendy, who has been suspended by the Premier League club, relate to three complainants and are alleged to have taken place between October 2020 and August 2021.

Other News:   Doomsday Bunker Builders Say Orders Going Through the Roof Over Fears of Violence, Social Unrest

Mendy, who has played for France 10 times and won the World Cup in 2018, was signed by City from AS Monaco in 2017 for a fee in the region of 52 million pounds ($72.04 million). He has won the Premier League three times with City.

Other News:   Actress Rose McGowan Just Told Hillary Clinton She Was “With” Her Husband in a Hotel Room in Shocking Tweet

($1 = 0.7218 pounds)

(Reporting by Rohith Nair in Bengaluru; Editing by William Maclean)

To continue reading this news article, follow the link to the news website.

For any inquiries, contact Amnon Free Press (Amnon Jobi Jakony) by writing to editor [at] amnonfreepress.com. Discover a world of hyper-local news below.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *