Press "Enter" to skip to content

Officials: ‘It Appears A Button Was Pushed Accidentally’ That Shut Down Half The Subway System Last Month

Amnon Free Press/Central Press Syndicate, USA. Read, Enjoy and Share the Latest US News Updates.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork)Gov. Kathy Hochul has announced the findings of an investigation into the subway power outage on August 29.

It shut down half of the city’s subway system, and impacted trains on the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 lines, and the L train.

Other News:   House Committee Approves NDAA Amendment Requiring Report on Pandemic Origins

Hochul says it was caused by human error.

The MTA’s Acting Chair and CEO Janno Lieber says the battery backup system kicked in, but a mistake was made.

“It appears that a button was pushed accidentally that was not supposed to be pushed. One, that can’t happen, that somebody does something wrong because of lack of training or proper protocols. Two, there have to be interventions that prevent people from hitting the wrong button,” Lieber said.

Other News:   Taste Of The Town: Impeccable French Cuisine At Le Zoo In Bal Harbour

As a result of the investigation, Hochul is directing a full review of control centers to identify any other potential weaknesses in the system.

To continue reading this news article, follow the link to the news website.

For any inquiries, contact Amnon Free Press (Amnon Jobi Jakony) by writing to editor [at] amnonfreepress.com. Discover a world of hyper-local news below.

Other News:   Justin Trudeau pelted with rocks… The anger is intense…

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *