Amnon Free Press
Welcome back to Education Insanity, a weekly column updating you on the most insane events taking place in our nation’s schools. Here we’ll delve into the growing presence of critical race theory, the ideology that claims that America is irredeemably rooted in racism, and “woke” culture.
Let’s get started.
10. New Jersey Prof Files Racial Discrimination Lawsuit, Claims Less-Qualified Black Colleagues Are Paid More – Philadelphia Inquirer
A white science professor at Camden County College in New Jersey filed a racial discrimination lawsuit alleging that his less-qualified black colleagues are being paid more than him. According to a nine-page lawsuit, chemistry professor William T. Lavell has alleged “stark racial disparities” in compensation between himself and two black professors.
9. Brown University Students Overwhelmingly Vote In Favor Of Giving Reparations To Descendants Of Slaves Associated With The School – The College Fix
Students at Brown University overwhelmingly voted to give reparations to the descendants of slaves who were associated with the university and its founders. Students voted on a referendum that offered two questions: If the school should make “all possible efforts to identify the descendants of enslaved Africans who were enraged with an/or afflicted by the University and Brown family and their associates” and if those descendants should be paid reparations.
8. Report: Kentucky Gov. Attended Private School Despite Claiming To Be A ‘Proud Product Of Public Education’ – The Daily Wire
Unearthed local news coverage indicates that Democratic Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear attended private school in first grade, though he claims to be a “proud product of public education.” The discovery comes as Beshear announced that he would veto a state-wide school choice bill. Beshear also sends his children to private schools.
7. San Fran Schools VP Who Was Sanctioned For Anti-Asian Tweets Sues District For ‘Spiritual Damage’ – The Daily Wire
Alison Collins, the San Francisco school board vice president who refused to resign over anti-Asian tweets, is now reportedly suing the school district, the city of San Francisco, and a number of school board commissioners for “spiritual damage” and “emotional distress” because she was met with discipline for her comments.
6. Graphic Sexual Content Assigned To Texas Students; Dissenting Parents Harassed With Anti-Christian … ‘D**ks’ – The Daily Wire
13-year-olds at Leander Independent School District in Austin, Texas, were exposed to graphic sexual content as part of their course work. The content included a graphic verbal depiction of gang rape and other sexual acts. The TEACH Parent Right Coalition provides excerpts and screenshots of the extended passages here.
5. Watch: Teacher Bullies Student For Taking Colorblind Approach To Classroom Assignment – The Daily Wire
Video footage shows a Virginia public school teacher bullying a student for saying he takes a colorblind approach to observing people. A school teacher in Virginia’s Loudoun County Public School district — one of the wealthiest districts in the nation — was caught on tape telling a student that it is important to see racial differences when observing people.
4. Advisory Board Calls On Virginia School District To Dismiss Teacher Who Criticize The District’s Equity Training – The Daily Wire
An advisory board linked to a Virginia public school district demanded that teachers be dismissed if they criticize the district’s equity training inspired by critical race theory. The district’s Minority Student Achievement Advisory Council’s leader emailed the district asking that teachers not be allowed to speak out against diversity training, even in private feedback surveys.
3. School Committee Pledges To ‘Silence The Opposition’ – The Daily Wire
A quasi-official body tied to a public school district in Virginia pledged to “silence the opposition,” apparently referring to parents who question the schools’ adoption of controversial racial ideologies, as officials seemed to double down after revelations of a list, the stated purpose of which was to “infiltrate,” “hack,” and “expose” such parents.
2. GoFundMe Yanks Page Run By Virginia Parents Fighting Woke Curriculum – Washington Free Beacon
GoFundMe, one of the largest crowdfunding platforms, removed a fundraiser connected to a parent group fighting a Virginia public school district’s indoctrination campaign. Scott Mineo, who runs the Parents Against Critical Theory (PACT) group, started a GoFundMe page in mid-March following an intimidation campaign created by “anti-racist” parents. The GoFundMe page was removed, citing “unacceptable” information.
1. San Diego Public School Teachers To Give Migrant Kids In-Person Instruction Before Their Own Students – Fox News
Teachers in the San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD) are volunteering to teach unaccompanied migrant children in-person while San Diego residents remain in virtual learning environments. San Diego County’s Office of Education has approved a program that would allow teachers to volunteer to instruct migrant children being held at the San Diego Convention Center.
Got tips? Email me here: email@example.com
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.
The Daily Wire